A wonderfully colored root vegetable and a type of tuber containing this essential nutrient are Pickled Beets Benefits For Liver, also including low sodium fruit, fat as well as a good source of folate. Hence supporting mental and emotional health.
Pickled Beets also includes foods that have many benefits, such as fighting inflammation and lowering high blood pressure. The content of vitamins, calcium in it is rich in fiber that can help lose weight.
What are beets?
Beets is a fruit that belongs to the vegetable tubers – tubers that almost resemble rutabaga or radish. It usually has a rough outer skin covering its roots, attached to its long stems and green leaves.
Also, vegetable beets are used for food, while the roots are as a treatment. In the 18th century in Germany began to be done with the use of beets for sugar, and if ever handled beets were accustomed to their ability to tarnish all that was touched. This made it perfect in cosmetic use during the 1800 s that’s the origin of proverbs like fruit beets.
A natural alternative to commercial food coloring used in such terms as tomato paste, grapefruits, jams, sweets, and vegetable burgers is the pigment of fruit beets. Very many red beets, to find the less common type you have to go directly to the farmer’s market.
Here are some of the less common types of beets:
- Beet, which is yellow-orange, has a more neutral flavor and the advantage of not bleeding when cooked.
- The cylindrical shape, similar to sweet potatoes is these beets since it stands out from others with a length of almost 8 inches.
- White beets still belong to one family with them, as they may have a very soft flavor and look like turnips from the outside.
Lutz Green Leaf
- This variety can be up to 4 times the size of other round beets, with a diameter of 6 inches.
- Also called winter guard beets, which are known for their long shelf life.
- Beets on this one become less sweet at a time when growing even larger exchanges are common in root vegetables.
- Red Chioggia beetroot on the outside and striped – red and white stripes on the inside.
- This type of heirloom beets has a different flavor.
- Why are beets good for the heart?
Because beets have many nutrients that maintain the health of the liver, such as iron, betaine, B vitamins, and antioxidants.
Beets also help protect the liver from inflammation and oxidative damage. Betaine contained in it can help the liver eliminate toxins and encourage the detoxification process.
Oxidative or stress is a condition where the amount of free radicals in our body exceeds the capacity to neutralize them.
In addition to pectin, water-soluble fibers of these tubers, help to remove toxins from the liver.
In addition to liver beets also have several other benefits, such as:
Lowers blood pressure
- Launch Healthline, in eating beetroot can help lower blood pressure up to 4-10 mmHg in a matter of hours.
- If hypertension sufferers will feel more effect if eating raw beets than cooked.
- Its high nitrates content can help lower blood pressure in the body, converted into nitric oxide that dilates the vessels, so that blood pressure can drop.
Improves physical performance
- Nitrates contained in fruit beets can improve a person’s physical performance, especially athletes. Nitrate levels in the blood rise by 2-3 hours.
- For people who improve physical performance with fruit beets, it is necessary to consume them 2-3 hours before starting the exercise.
- The fiber in fruit beets is one of the important components to help smooth digestion. And can feed the good bacteria disused, at the same time can prevent constipation.
- Also, the consumption of a high intake of fiber can prevent colon disease, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer.
Maintaining brain health
- The cognitive and mental function can naturally decline with age, some people the decline can trigger dementia due to lack of blood flow and oxygen to the brain.
- Nitrate content in beets can improve mental and cognitive function, the way is by keeping blood vessels relieved and increasing blood flow to the brain.
How do I get pickled beets?
You can make it yourself at home quickly and easily without having to buy it out. Use this quick preservation method to make 2 months of raw pickled beets in just 5 minutes.
To make it I just put lemon water, hot water, sugar, and salt kosher into a bowl, stirring until dissolved everything. Then place the slices of beets into a jar to completely submerged. After that, it closes, keeps the iced to the fridge for up to 2 months.
Here’s the pickled beets nutrition information
1 cup slices ( 227 g )
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0.2 g 0%
Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 338.2 mg 14%
Total Carbohydrate 37 g 12%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g 6%
Total Sugar 25.1 g 50%
Includes~g Added Sugar~%
Protein 1.8 g 4%
Vitamin C 5.2 mg 6%
Vitamin D 0 μg 0%
Iron 0.9mg 5%
Calcium 25 mg 2%
Potassium 261.1 mg 6%
Phosphorus 38.6 mg 3%
You can increase your knowledge by reading the article about Age of the Beluga Whale: And What is the “Beluga Whale Food”
As for pickled beets for anemia
Pickled beets for anemia is one of the ways of treatment of diseases naturally, which very much contains essential nutrients and good benefits for the health of the body.
Anemia is a blood disease that occurs when you have a low number of red blood cells or do not have enough hemoglobin, which gives the blood-red color and helps carry oxygen from the lungs throughout the body.
In people with severe anemia, it can damage the brain, heart, and organs even death. This disease is a very serious thing for us and, therefore we can cure it by consuming pickled beets regularly.
There are many fakto that cause different types of anemia:
- Bone marrow disease is caused by a lack of production of red blood cells, this can lead to diseases such as leukemia.
- Hemolytic is a congenital condition in which red blood cells are destroyed faster than bone marrow can replace.
- The fat of vitamins such as folate, iron, and vitamin B12 is one of them that can lead to anemia.
- Due to chronic diseases such as cancer, arthritis, AIDS / HIV, and inflammation that can reduce red blood cells in the body, can cause anemia.
- Sickle cell anemia is a hereditary condition that causes red blood cells to have an abnormal sickle shape.
- Therefore, taking pickled beets that can help overcome anemia, regularly and do not overdo it.
- Because it is not good also if it is too excessive will even cause a negative impact at the end. From now on we live a healthy life, by consuming foods full of nutrients, and many benefits.